Construction is one of the UK’s fastest growing industries and thanks to the range of projects going on at any one time there is a massive skill shortage; it’s also one of the most challenging and exciting to work in.
The Introduction to Construction course offers learners the chance to gain industry specific training. It provides valuable knowledge about the Construction Industry and enhances employability in the sector. The qualification helps to identify experience in terms of transferable skills and personal attributes, for learners whose experience of education, and chaotic lifestyles have left them unsure how to gain and sustain employment.
Over the 3-week course learners cover:
- Employability (Leading to L2 Award in Employability)
- First Aid (Leading to L2 Award in First Aid at Work)
- Health and Safety (Leading to L1 Health & Safety in the construction industry)
- Site Specific Training (Accredited by CPD and Approved by RoSPA)
- CSCS Practice modules CSCS test (Leading to CSCS Green Card)
- Mental health awareness
We have a variety of opportunities and progression routes available upon successful completion of the course. We have links with local and national employers and recruitment companies to ensure that a wide range of opportunities are open to all.