Operatives (Unit 2) for people who work in the utilities and construction industries
The NRSWA Signing, Lighting and Guarding course is designed to educate delegates on how to set out signs, cones, barriers and traffic lights on a new road and street works site.
The course will cover the following subjects:
• Safety of workers and the general public when carrying out street works
• Maintaining the free movement of the pedestrians and traffic whilst working
• Complying with the restrictions of work
• Safe working practices
• The layout of barriers, warning notices, lamps, signs etc.
• Special measures – road closure, traffic diversion, portable lights
• Operating and positioning portable traffic lights and equipment.
The course contains both theory and practical elements. The tutor delivers the theory element in a classroom but the course is mostly practical based. The tutor will assess your ability to conduct practical exercises effectively.
By Monks Training